Teeth Whitening Cerritos, Long Beach, & Lakewood
Teeth whitening is a quick, simple, and inexpensive cosmetic procedure that is popular among people of all ages. This treatment is very safe and very effective when done by dental experts like the professionals at Innovative Smiles. Dr. Jesmine and her team can help you gain significantly brighter and whiter teeth, where you’ll notice improvements immediately after. If you are bothered by stains or discolorations, or are just looking to improve your entire smile a few shades whiter, teeth whitening is the perfect solution for those looking for a quick fix.
Causes Of Yellow Teeth
Below are the factors that contribute to the color of your teeth.
- The color and hue of your teeth can be largely dependent on your genetics. If a particular shade runs in your family, your likelihood to share the same tooth color is likely.
- Teeth inevitably turn more yellow with time because your enamel will thin as you age.
Wear & Tear
- The food and drinks you consume eventually wear down on your teeth. Highly acidic and sugary food and drinks are even more damaging to your enamel.
- As mentioned earlier, what you consume affects the rate of which your teeth become stained. Food and drinks high in acidity, sugar, or that carry strong pigmentation are more likely to stain your teeth.
- Smoking is a big contributor to teeth stains and discolorations. It can leave a yellow or brown hued stain on your teeth and additionally can be damaging to your gums and overall health.
Professional Teeth Whitening Vs. Over The Counter Products
It is always recommended to consider the assistance of professionals when considering teeth whitening. Over the counter products have diluted whitening gels that require more product usage for the desired color shade of the teeth. Moreover, over the counter and self administered teeth whitening is not assisted by dental professionals. You end up paying more in the long run when you factor in the needed product usage and run the risk of compromised teeth and gums if not done correctly. At Innovative Smiles, we consider factors such as your oral hygiene, sensitivity, root exposures, and periodontal recession to decide the right approach for you.
After the in office teeth whitening procedure at Innovative Smiles, you will receive a home teeth whitening kit that includes a custom upper and lower trays along with whitening gel syringes. The trays can be worn comfortably, for a set amount of time as instructed by the dentist when it’s convenient for you. Professional whitening strips are a low-cost alternative that is stronger than what you will find at your local drugstore.
Call To Schedule An Appointment
We proudly serve expert teeth whitening services to the greater area of Cerritos, Long Beach, and Lakewood! Contact our office to schedule your appointment today (562) 247-3864.